In this episode from September of 2014, David Sparks, fondly known as “MacSparky,” joins the conversation to reminisce about the evolving landscape of task management since we last met at Macworld. Dive into the fascinating world of productivity apps, the significance of establishing efficient systems, and the therapeutic benefits of journaling – and take note of what’s changed (and what hasn’t in the 9 years since I first aired this productive conversation.
Key Discussion Points
- The Changing Landscape of Productivity
- The “Gold Rush” for Email Apps
- Balancing Work-Life as a Lawyer (Note: David stopped practicing law in 2022.)
- The Internet’s Repetitive Nature
- The Benefits of Systems and Tools
- The Therapeutic Power of Journaling
- Embracing Journaling in Daily Routines
David’s insights underline the pivotal role of systems, tools, and journaling in navigating today’s bustling professional environment. Whether you’re a productivity aficionado or someone looking for balance, this episode promises actionable wisdom.
Want to support the show? Then take a look at our podcast sponsors page.
There you will find a variety of products and services designed to help you lead a more productive life.
Links Worth Exploring
- Connect with David: Website | Mastodon | Instagram
- MacSparky Labs: Join here
- My Appearance on Focused: Listen here
- Our Conversation on Mac Power Users: Listen here
- Related Conversation: Episode 409: Luke Burgis talks about Wanting, Journaling, and Fulfillment
- Related Blog Post: Why You Need To Review (And How To Make It Easier To Do)
Want to support the podcast? Beyond checking out our sponsors, you can subscribe to the show wherever you listen to podcasts. Click on any of the links below to make that happen.
You can also click on this link to paste the podcast feed into your podcast app of choice.
Thanks again for listening to A Productive Conversation. See you later.