In today’s episode, I’m thrilled to be in conversation with Josh Fonger, a distinguished consultant, coach, speaker, and the CEO of WTS Enterprises. With his expertise in Business Performance Architecture, Josh has been a beacon of transformation for stressed entrepreneurs, guiding them from working “in” their business to strategically working “on” their business. Through the use of effective systems, he’s enabled consistent profit and freedom for numerous businesses.
With Josh’s wealth of experience and actionable insights, the discussion offers a roadmap to entrepreneurs seeking not only profitability but also freedom through the power of effective systems. Whether you’re struggling with productivity, efficiency, or strategic planning, this episode promises valuable takeaways for every entrepreneur.
Key Discussion Points
- From ‘Work the System’ to WTS Enterprises: We kick off by discussing Josh’s journey from being inspired by Sam Carpenter’s book “Work the System” to eventually founding his own consulting company centered around the Work the System (WTS) method.
- Embracing a Systems Mindset: Delving into the challenges and necessities of adopting a systems mindset in business, our conversation highlights the shift from reactive to strategic business planning and operations.
- Strategic Objectives for Success: Josh and I emphasize the importance of defining strategic objectives and aligning your day-to-day operations with these goals to sculpt your ideal business and life.
- Productivity Quantification: We explore the value of quantifying productivity by evaluating the worth of systems or processes, underscoring the importance of not just focusing on progress qualitatively but also appreciating the quantitative aspects.
- Efficiency through Delegation: Sharing practical examples, we discuss how codifying and delegating systems can lead to significant time and financial savings while ensuring that business goals are uncompromised.
- Systemizing for Efficiency: Closing the discussion points, we touch upon real-life case studies where implementing systems notably increased efficiency and profitability while reducing working hours and stress for business owners.
Reflecting on our engaging conversation, consider how a systems mindset can revolutionize the way you approach your business. How can implementing strategic, well-defined systems relieve you of stress and afford you more freedom and profitability? Ponder over these insights and practical examples shared by Josh in our dialogue, and you might find the key to transforming not only your business but also your life. Let this episode be the catalyst for a change towards a more systematic, efficient, and successful entrepreneurial journey.
Want to support the show? Then take a look at our podcast sponsors page.
There you will find a variety of products and services designed to help you lead a more productive life.
Links Worth Exploring
- Connect with Josh: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn
- Subscribe to Josh’s Podcast: Spotify | Apple Podcasts
- Get The Book: Work the System: The Simple Mechanics of Making More and Working Less (4th Edition)
- Get The Book Summary (for FREE): Click Here
- Related Conversation: Episode 121: Beyond the E-Myth with Michael E. Gerber
- Related Blog Post: The Process
Want to support the podcast? Beyond checking out our sponsors, you can subscribe to the show wherever you listen to podcasts. Click on any of the links below to make that happen.
You can also click on this link to paste the podcast feed into your podcast app of choice.
Thanks again for listening to A Productive Conversation. See you later.