Michael E. Gerber, founder of Michael E. Gerber Companies and author of The E-Myth Book Series is my featured guest this week. He discusses the main concepts of his new book, Beyond the E-Myth.
Michael is a pillar of business development and coaching going as far back as the 1970s, and his insights on systems, startups and scaling up businesses into enterprises will be central in this episode. You’ll hear about decades worth of business acumen and you’ll learn about:
- What is a company of one, and how to build and scale it up (02:05)?
- How he started his business, his experience creating the first business development / coaching firm, and how he positioned it (03:39).
- The E-Myth series and its promise to fix broken businesses (which is a difficult thing to do), and how did that play a part on his decision to create Beyond the E-Myth (8:17).
- The concept of Old Co and New Co, the difference and transition between the two (7:53, 10:03)
- The mindset that Michael wants entrepreneurs to have when conceptualizing their businesses (12:20).
- The definition and the four components of an entrepreneur (16:40), and the concept of The Dreaming Room™ to awaken the entrepreneur out of anyone (21:42).
- How to employ a business development program that even novices can operate (20:39).
- Michael Gerber Companies
- Beyond the E-Myth
- Michael E. Gerber on Amazon
- Michael Gerber on Twitter, and Facebook
If you enjoy The Productivityist Podcast I’d appreciate a rating and review in iTunes or your podcasting platform of choice. It helps people find the show easier and will help me make improvements on the show by seeing what you have to say.
Do you want ideas, insights, and information on how to craft your time in just one weekly email?
Then you want ATTN: sent to you.
ATTN: is a weekly digest from Productivityist that delivers a week's worth of content in a nice little package directly to your inbox. Just enter your email to subscribe.