This candid conversation reveals what John Lee Dumas has learnt throughout his life – which includes interviewing thousands of entrepreneurs on his show – and steps you can take on a common (yet simple) path that can lead to uncommon success.
This episode is sponsored by LinkedIn Jobs. When your business is ready to make that next hire, LinkedIn Jobs can help by matching your role with qualified candidates so that you can find the right person quickly. You can pay what you want and get the first $50 off. Just visit linkedin.com/timecrafting to get fifty dollars off your first job post. Terms and conditions apply.
This episode is sponsored by BetterHelp. BetterHelp offers you access to your own licensed professional therapist – all from the comfort of wherever you are. You can arrange weekly video chats or phone calls, text with your carefully curated counsellor, and do so at an affordable price. And anything you share is confidential. I’ve been using BetterHelp for a while and I am highly impressed. It’s been a huge help for me and I know it can be the same for you. Start living a happier life today with BetterHelp. As a listener, you’ll get 10% off your first month by visiting betterhelp.com/timecrafting. Give BetterHelp a try today.
John Lee Dumas is the founder and host of the award-winning podcast, Entrepreneurs on Fire. He’s interviewed thousands of entrepreneurs, including Tony Robbins, Seth Godin, Gary Vaynerchuk, Barbara Corcoran, Tim Ferriss, and many more. So I’m excited to find out more about what he’s learnt through these interviews.
In the run up to the launch of his new book, The Common Path to Uncommon Success: A Roadmap to Financial Freedom and Fulfillment, I wanted to find out what you can do to stay ahead of the game. Listen to find out more about producing a daily podcast, how JLD themes his days, keeping the money you make – and butchering Jim Carrey’s commencement speech.
- How to follow a path without being constrained by it (2:33)
- Understanding the difference between simple and easy (3:53)
- Implementing practical exercises in JLD’s new book (8:53)
- The podcasts that inspired JLD to launch his own show (11:08)
- Having a mentor for any area of life (20:32)
- JLD’s tactics to help you avoid burnout (24:25)
- After Action Reviews and backwards planning (28:31)
- The FOCUS acronym (32:50)
“Choose your hard”– John Lee Dumas
- UncommonSuccessBook.com (GET PRE-ORDER BONUSES NOW!)
- Episode 343: Consistency Over Authenticity with Seth Godin
- Jim Carrey’s Commencement Address at the 2014 MUM Graduation
- Jedidiah Jenkins on the Rich Roll Podcast
- John Lee Dumas on the Solopreneur Hour
- Smart Passive Income Podcast
- Rise To The Top
- Planet Money
- Episode 351: Eating Frogs with Brian Tracy
- Episode 264: How to Build Yourself More Time with Jaime Masters
- Episode 15: Jaime Tardy
- Episode 289: The Vision Driven Leader with Michael Hyatt
- Episode 239: Free to Focus with Michael Hyatt
Enjoy the show? Want to keep up with the podcast? You can subscribe to the podcast feed by clicking the “Share” button in the player above – and you can share it further using the same button as well. You can take things even one step further by rating and reviewing the show wherever you listen to podcasts. (FYI: I use Overcast on iOS.)
Do you want ideas, insights, and information on how to craft your time in just one weekly email?
Then you want ATTN: sent to you.
ATTN: is a weekly digest from Productivityist that delivers a week's worth of content in a nice little package directly to your inbox. Just enter your email to subscribe.