Seth Godin is a consistent player in the entrepreneurial space, influencing millions to embrace their inner-creative and best serve their audience. In today’s episode we uncover how you can make that impact.
Seth Godin has had a huge influence over my career, so I’m excited to bring him on (again) to hear about his latest projects and new book ‘The Practice: Shipping Creative Work’. As my first guest on the podcast I did as a productivity parodist, there’s lots to catch up on.
This interview is full of countless gems, but what really stands out is being consistent with whatever it is that you want to achieve. In his own words, the toughest part is that “you have to show up, even if you don’t feel like it”.
Seth blogs daily. He’s been doing it for years now. He’s built a huge following with over a million readers, and is the author of over 19 books, including Purple Cow, Linchpin, and This Is Marketing. He’s also the founder of the altMBA and The Akimbo Workshops, which runs online seminars that have transformed the work of thousands of people.
Join our conversation as we explore indispensable tools, inbox zero, working with intent – and his 16ft cedar strip canoe.
- Applying assertion to our work
- Why Imposter Syndrome doesn’t go away
- You don’t even need to meet your mentors
- Seth’s daily boundaries
- Impact of 2020 on his blogging
- Seth’s attitude towards uncertainty
- Defining good taste
- What we actually mean by ‘hacking’
- Seth’s relationship with ‘trap’ emails
- The trap people fall into when chasing authenticity
“Know what your audience wants ten minutes before they do.”– Seth Godin
- The Practice: Shipping Creative Work | Amazon
- Episode 334: Endless Curiosity with Derek Sivers
- Hyperfocus: How to Be More Productive in a World of Distraction | Amazon
- The Productivity Project: Accomplishing More by Managing Your Time, Attention, and Energy | Amazon
- ‘How To Get Your Ideas To Spread’ TED Talk
- Necessary Endings| Amazon
- Ron Finley Teaches Gardening Masterclass
- Inbox Zero: How to Stop Checking Email and Start Finishing It | Amazon
- The Authentic Swing | Amazon
Enjoy the show? Want to keep up with the podcast? You can subscribe to the podcast feed by clicking the “Share” button in the player above – and you can share it further using the same button as well. You can take things even one step further by rating and reviewing the show wherever you listen to podcasts. (FYI: I use Overcast on iOS.)
Do you want ideas, insights, and information on how to craft your time in just one weekly email?
Then you want ATTN: sent to you.
ATTN: is a weekly digest from Productivityist that delivers a week's worth of content in a nice little package directly to your inbox. Just enter your email to subscribe.