In the first part of my podcast conversation with Thanh Pham, founder of Asian Efficiency, we explored our shared experiences in the productivity space. We discussed the evolution of productivity advice and systems, emphasizing the importance of choosing one system and adapting it to your needs. Thanh highlighted the shift from being reactive to proactive, underscoring the value of planning for the next day and week to stay on top of tasks.
Thanh also shared his personal journey of focusing on building deeper relationships and community, which led to increased happiness and productivity. This served as a powerful reminder that productivity isn’t just about getting more done—it’s also about enhancing our overall well-being.
Key Discussion Points
- The landscape of productivity has changed over the years, and there’s no one right way to do something. The rise of the cult of getting things done has shown that there are multiple ways to approach productivity.
- Small changes can lead to significant results. You don’t have to make drastic changes to get the results you’re looking for. A single tweak a week can lead to major improvements.
- Sustainability is a challenging aspect of learning. Trying to get everything done in a single day can lead to burnout. It’s important to recognize that you have more time than you think.
- Reflective practice, such as journaling, can help improve productivity. It’s important to take time to reflect on what you’re doing and why.
- The importance of a weekly review and being aware of the cadence and pace of life can help manage productivity.
- Happiness and productivity are linked. Happy people tend to be more productive.
- The concept of productivity has evolved over the last decade. It’s not just about time and money, but also about health.
Our conversation concluded with a discussion on the changing perception of productivity, shifting from efficiency to optimizing for happiness. This perspective has been a game-changer for Thanh, and he believes it can be for others as well. Stay tuned for the second part of our conversation next week, where we’ll delve deeper into these themes and more.
Want to support the show? Then take a look at our podcast sponsors page.
There you will find a variety of products and services designed to help you lead a more productive life.
Links Worth Exploring
- Connect with Thanh: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube
- Thanh’s podcast: The Productivity Show
- Recommended by Thanh: Die With Zero: Getting All You Can from Your Money and Your Life
- Recommended by Thanh (and me): Four Thousand Weeks: Time Management for Mortals
- Related Conversation: Episode 83: Overnight Success with Aaron Mahnke
- Related Blog Post: Why You Need To Take Personal Productivity Personally
Want to support the podcast? Beyond checking out our sponsors, you can subscribe to the show wherever you listen to podcasts. Click on any of the links below to make that happen.
You can also click on this link to paste the podcast feed into your podcast app of choice.
Thanks again for listening to A Productive Conversation. See you later.