As co-founder of the altMBA, Wes Kao helped create the modern cohort-based education movement with Seth Godin.
Wes has led over 150 launches for Fortune 500 brands and startups, and is recognized as a leading expert in B2C marketing. Now she’s taking the category she helped create to the next level with her new startup Maven, the world’s first digital platform for cohort-based courses.
I learned heaps from this conversation as Wes unpacked all things cohort-based learning. Tune in to find out more about creating an engaging course, how the best courses evolve, growing your community, and the power of beta-testing.
Want to support A Productive Conversation with Mike Vardy? Then take a look at our podcast sponsors page where you can find a variety of products and services designed to help you lead a more productive life. You can see all of our current sponsors – including the ones for this episode – here.
- The rising trend of learning cohorts
- Some common mistakes made by first-time course creators
- Why it’s never too late to start a cohort-based learning course
- The impact of people working from home
- How to make the most out of online learning
- Repurposing evergreen content into cohort-based course
“The less tools you have, the less things will break.“– Wes Kao
- Episode 343: Consistency Over Authenticity with Seth Godin
- Wes Kao’s website
- Wes Kao’s Twitter
- Maven’s Twitter
Enjoy the show? Want to keep up with the podcast? You can subscribe to the podcast feed by clicking the “Share” button in the player above – and you can share it further using the same button as well. You can take things even one step further by rating and reviewing the show wherever you listen to podcasts. (FYI: I use Overcast on iOS.)