I’m excited to welcome Thomas Frank to this episode of the podcast. Thomas is an author, YouTuber, musician, and podcaster who is passionate about helping people become more capable and productive.
This episode is brought to you by Bambee. When running a business, Human Resources issues can kill you. There’s so much to wrap your head around and hiring an HR Manager is going to cost you – they command an average of seventy-thousand dollars a year! That’s where Bambee comes in. Created specifically for small business, Bambee provides you with a dedicated HR Manager that can craft your HR policy, and maintain your compliance, all for just one low monthly fee. You don’t need to deal with HR issues – let Bambee do that for you. Go to bambee.com/timecrafting now to schedule your FREE HR audit. You’ll be glad you did.
This episode is brought to you by Policygenius. We’re always going to get things wrong. That’s just life. But there are also things we can get right on the first try. Like shopping for life insurance. That’s where Policygenius comes in. Policygenius makes finding the right life insurance a breeze. In minutes you can compare quotes from the top insurers to find your best price. You could save $1500 or more a year by using Policygenius to compare life insurance policies. So even if you look back on your triple denim days in distress, you’ll never be distressed about life insurance with Policygenius. In just a few minutes you can find your best price and apply at Policygenius.com. We all get things wrong from time to time. At least we can get life insurance right with Policygenius. Check it out by heading to Policygenius.com.
This episode is brought to you by the University of California Irvine Division of Continuing Education. Established in 1962, UCI offers education for adult learners in Orange County. But thanks to technology, their courses and certification programs in various fields are now available worldwide and online for just about anyone who’s interested. You can get 15% off of one (1) course by visiting http://ce.uci.edu/productivityist then enter the promo code timecrafting. Make sure you take advantage of this limited time offer as it is only valid until July 31, 2020 at 11:59 pm. (Please note that this discount is for almost all of the certificate programs. The exceptions only include coding boot camps, international programs, teacher credentialing programs, and test prep courses.)
Thomas does most of his work at College Info Geek, one of the world’s largest and best-loved resources for students. College Info Geek includes a blog, podcast, and a YouTube channel with over 1.7 million subscribers.
I’ve been looking forward to releasing this episode for a long time. As a matter of fact, it’s bizarre that I haven’t had Thomas on the show until now. (That’s probably why this episode clocks in as my longest to date, both in terms of length and amount of links in the show notes.)
There’s so much we talk about during this episode – as you can see and soon will hear. I hope you enjoy this lengthy and deep discussion that I’m thrilled to send your way.
- When did Thomas decide that video was the route he was going to take? (2:56)
- Thomas talks about his inspiration to “do video” a little differently (7:46)
- When Thomas researches these videos, what does that look like? (11:27)
- Thomas shares how many videos he has in the making process at once (13:34)
- This is what his framework looks like (29:52)
- What does a typical day look like for Thomas? (39:15)
- Who inspires Thomas to make films? (49:32)
“If you’re the kind of person who’s only ever reading productivity books and reading self help books you’re getting a pretty narrow world view.“– Thomas Frank
- Thomas’s Office Tour
- Productivity Hacks with My Friend Mike Vardy of Productivityist (College Info Geek Ep. 39)
- The Fizzle Show #356 How Thomas Frank grew his YouTube channel to 1.6 million subscribers and 91 million views
- SPI 324: From College Nerd to Wildly Successful Personal Brand with Thomas Frank
- Episode 290: Creative Menopause with Chase Reeves [Recorded LIVE at The BIG Ready]
- Episode 75: Level Up Your Life with Steve Kamb
- The Good Place: The Podcast
- The Money Lab Podcast: Building A YouTube Engine with Thomas Frank
- This is How Matt D’Avella Works
- Jet Parker: Action Hero
- Should You Add This To Your Workspace?
- I tracked every minute of my life for 3 months.
- The Best Book I Read in 2019
- 10 Great Gifts for the Productive Person in Your Life
- The One Hour Morning Routine
- Icicle Swords (Live Looping)
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love
- The Ultimate Study Music Playlist
- Baby Driver, by Edgar Wright (2017) – Opening credits
- Potato Jet on YouTube
- BEING Potato Jet // Working 70 hours a week to be a Youtuber
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World
- Thomas Frank’s Website
- The Productivityist Podcast Pick of the Week: College Info Geek
Enjoy the show? Want to keep up with the podcast? You can subscribe to the podcast feed by clicking the “Share” button in the player above – and you can share it further using the same button as well. You can take things even one step further by rating and reviewing the show wherever you listen to podcasts. (FYI: I use Overcast on iOS.)
Do you want ideas, insights, and information on how to craft your time in just one weekly email?
Then you want ATTN: sent to you.
ATTN: is a weekly digest from Productivityist that delivers a week's worth of content in a nice little package directly to your inbox. Just enter your email to subscribe.