I’m excited to welcome Thomas Frank to this episode of the podcast. Thomas is an author, YouTuber, musician, and podcaster who is passionate about helping people become more capable and productive.
Thomas does most of his work at College Info Geek, one of the world’s largest and best-loved resources for students. College Info Geek includes a blog, podcast, and a YouTube channel with over 1.7 million subscribers.
I’ve been looking forward to releasing this episode for a long time. As a matter of fact, it’s bizarre that I haven’t had Thomas on the show until now. (That’s probably why this episode clocks in as my longest to date, both in terms of length and amount of links in the show notes.)
There’s so much we talk about during this episode – as you can see and soon will hear. I hope you enjoy this lengthy and deep discussion that I’m thrilled to send your way.
- When did Thomas decide that video was the route he was going to take?
- Thomas talks about his inspiration to “do video” a little differently
- When Thomas researches these videos, what does that look like?
- Thomas shares how many videos he has in the making process at once
- This is what his framework looks like
- What does a typical day look like for Thomas?
- Who inspires Thomas to make films?
“If you’re the kind of person who’s only ever reading productivity books and reading self help books you’re getting a pretty narrow world view.“– Thomas Frank
- Thomas’s Office Tour
- Productivity Hacks with My Friend Mike Vardy of Productivityist (College Info Geek Ep. 39)
- The Fizzle Show #356 How Thomas Frank grew his YouTube channel to 1.6 million subscribers and 91 million views
- SPI 324: From College Nerd to Wildly Successful Personal Brand with Thomas Frank
- Episode 290: Creative Menopause with Chase Reeves [Recorded LIVE at The BIG Ready]
- Episode 75: Level Up Your Life with Steve Kamb
- The Good Place: The Podcast
- The Money Lab Podcast: Building A YouTube Engine with Thomas Frank
- This is How Matt D’Avella Works
- Jet Parker: Action Hero
- Should You Add This To Your Workspace?
- I tracked every minute of my life for 3 months.
- The Best Book I Read in 2019
- 10 Great Gifts for the Productive Person in Your Life
- The One Hour Morning Routine
- Icicle Swords (Live Looping)
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love
- The Ultimate Study Music Playlist
- Baby Driver, by Edgar Wright (2017) – Opening credits
- Potato Jet on YouTube
- BEING Potato Jet // Working 70 hours a week to be a Youtuber
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World
- Thomas Frank’s Website
- The Productivityist Podcast Pick of the Week: College Info Geek
Enjoy the show? Want to keep up with the podcast? You can subscribe to the podcast feed by clicking the “Share” button in the player above – and you can share it further using the same button as well. You can take things even one step further by rating and reviewing the show wherever you listen to podcasts. (FYI: I use Overcast on iOS.)