On this special episode I’m joined by Chase Reeves LIVE at The BIG Ready to talk about many things, including something Chase calls “creative menopause.” Chase co-founded Fizzle.co — the first education platform designed for modern indie entrepreneurship — as well as the Chase Reeves YouTube channel, where he makes 60 minute reviews of backpacks that somehow people love watching.
This episode is brought to you by TextExpander. With TextExpander, you can unlock your productivity with its many features. With TextExpander you can make everything you write repetitively available everywhere you type: text documents, spreadsheets, web forms, and more. Unlock your productivity with TextExpander. Visit TextExpander.com/podcast for 20% off your first year.
This episode is brought to you by the University of California Irvine Division of Continuing Education. Established in 1962, UCI offers education for adult learners in Orange County. But thanks to technology, their courses and certification programs in various fields are now available worldwide and online for just about anyone who’s interested. You can get 15% off of one (1) course by visiting http://ce.uci.edu/productivityist then enter the promo code timecrafting. Make sure you take advantage of this limited time offer as it is only valid until July 31, 2020 at 11:59 pm. (Please note that this discount is for almost all of the certificate programs. The exceptions only include coding boot camps, international programs, teacher credentialing programs, and test prep courses.)
When I asked Chase to join us at The BIG Ready I knew that having him record a live edition of this podcast was the way I wanted him to present. Chase has a natural gregariousness that simply fit this model, especially in front of a live studio audience (of sorts).
We talked about productivity, his journey from Fizzle to creating a YouTube channel where he shares his insights and ideas on bags of all shapes and sizes, creativity, and much more. It’s an engaging, entertaining, and endearing conversation that I’m certain you’ll get a kick out of. You may even learn a thing or two!
- Why did you choose the word Fizzle for your business? (2:37)
- Chase talks about if he taps into or uses willpower at all in his life and work (6:58)
- What was so promising to Chase about switching to do YouTube and bag reviews? (12:58)
- How important is sitting with questions for Chase? (16:00)
- Chase touches on letting go of things and how that can lead to moving on and making new things (26:13)
- This is what the word BIG means to Chase (31:19)
- How important is patience when it comes to work and knowing when to stop? (37:48)
“We’re constantly stepping in without certainty.“– Chase Reeves
- Corbett Barr
- The Fizzle Show #338: The Best Productivity Routines with Mike Vardy and Chase Reeves
- The Productivityist Podcast #164: Faster Than Normal with Peter Shankman
- The Diagram of Success
- Twyla Tharp
- Alan Watts
- The Productivityist Podcast #54: Voice Lessons with Todd Henry
- Seth Godin
- Chase’s YouTube Channel
- The Productivityist Podcast Pick of The Week: The Knowledge Project
Enjoy the show? Want to keep up with the podcast? You can subscribe to the podcast feed by clicking the “Share” button in the player above – and you can share it further using the same button as well. You can take things even one step further by rating and reviewing the show wherever you listen to podcasts. (FYI: I use Overcast on iOS.)
Do you want ideas, insights, and information on how to craft your time in just one weekly email?
Then you want ATTN: sent to you.
ATTN: is a weekly digest from Productivityist that delivers a week's worth of content in a nice little package directly to your inbox. Just enter your email to subscribe.