Brooks Duncan from DocumentSnap (a.k.a. The Paperless Guy) is this week’s guest on The Productivityist Podcast. We talked about many things, but primarily focused on the idea of backing up and going paperless.
Brooks sets things straight on the concept of going paperless, which often people think means just not using paper at all. He also recounts how he fell into the paperless lifestyle, and how people can also choose to do the same with theirs. Brooks and I walk through the process of easing into the paperless life, its benefits, as well as recommended apps to help us all transition into this lifestyle.
On this episode, we discussed:
- Brooks’ definition of ‘paperless’ and when did he decide to explore the paperless life.
- The best way of keeping track of the digital files upon switching to paperless.
- The framework / system / sample workflow to get it from paper to digital.
- Brooks’ thoughts the rise of digital-analog hybrid notebooks.
- What were the benefits of the digital space as well as its disadvantages and security.
- The launch of the second version of The Paperless Security Guide.
- Evernote Scannable
- The Productivityist Podcast 52: Everything Evernote with Andrew Sinkov
- Slice Planner
- Rocketbook Wave
- Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller, Sr. by Ron Chernow
- Paperless Security Guide
- Brooks Duncan (@documentsnap) | Twitter
If you enjoy The Productivityist Podcast I’d appreciate a rating and review in iTunes or your podcasting platform of choice. It helps people find the show easier and will help me make improvements on the show by seeing what you have to say.