In this episode of The Productivityist Podcast, I speak with Dr. Loretta Breuning from the Inner Mammal Institute. We talk about how you can retrain your brain, including some tactics and tips so that you can start building a happier and healthier brain.
We dive into how to build new neural circuits, discuss the four chemicals that affect our behaviour, and how to tap into the animal inside of you so that you can embrace your “inner mammal” and craft more positive experiences.
- Habits Of A Happy Brain: Retrain Your Brain to Boost Your Serotonin, Dopamine, Oxytocin, & Endorphin Levels by Loretta Graziano Breuning PhD | Amazon
- The Happiness Advantage: The Seven Principles of Positive Psychology That Fuel Success and Performance at Work by Shawn Achor | Amazon
- The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun by Gretchen Rubin | Amazon
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg | Amazon
- David Attenborough | Wikipedia
- Inner Mammal Institute: making peace with the animal inside
- Inner Mammal Inst (@innermammal) | Twitter