On this episode I’m joined once again by Laura Vanderkam, a fellow productivity specialist. Laura is the author of several books, including The New Corner Office: How the Most Successful People Work from Home.
I wanted to talk about productivity with someone who speaks my language, and Laura certainly fits that bill. She’s penned a book that is designed to help people not only survive working from home… it’s a book that will help people thrive while working from home. We talk about what it’s like to be thrust into a “work from home” situation, why right now might just be the best time to take on that monumental project, and much more. This episode is well worth your time… I know you’ll enjoy our conversation!
- Laura explains why she chose to write this book right now
- What led Laura to writing this book?
- Why does Laura advise you manage by task rather than time?
- How important does Laura thinks self care in the work environment is during times like these?
- Laura shares insights on how she thinks people can embrace their own needs more while working from home
- Laura talks about her chapter that touches on “thinking big”
- How does Laura think people can continue to track their time while working from home?
- How can one work from home and parent from home and still bring their best selves to both?
- Laura gives one action you can take to start building your own “at home” work life
“Working from home is a skill.”– Laura Vanderkam
- The New Corner Office: How the Most Successful People Work from Home
- Episode 202: Off the Clock with Laura Vanderkam
- Curious with Josh Peck: James Clear
- We have a lot more time now. So why can’t we get anything done? | The Washington Post
Enjoy the show and want to keep up with the podcast? You can subscribe to the podcast feed by clicking the “Share” button in the player above – and you can share it further using the same button as well. You can take things even one step further by rating and reviewing the show wherever you listen to podcasts. (FYI: I use Overcast on iOS.)
Do you want ideas, insights, and information on how to craft your time in just one weekly email?
Then you want ATTN: sent to you.
ATTN: is a weekly digest from Productivityist that delivers a week's worth of content in a nice little package directly to your inbox. Just enter your email to subscribe.