On this episode I chat with Mridu Parikh, founder of Life Is Organized and author of Accomplish It: 7 Simple Actions to Get the Right Things Done and Achieve Your Goals.
This episode is brought to you by Zapier. When you’re running your own business your to-do list is never-ending. You know you could automate many of the tasks you do, but you don’t know-how. That’s where Zapier comes in. And right now through the end of the month, you can try Zapier free by going to our special link. Just visit http://zapier.com/timecrafting and get a 14-day free trial of Zapier – and tell them The Productivityist Podcast sent you!
I’m hosting an event on Saturday February 29th, 2020 – the extra day that we get in a leap year – and I’d love for you to join me and a bevy of stellar speakers and great guests. It’s called The BIG Ready and I’m holding this event at The Pace – a venue that’s located in the first city I lived in when I moved to the west coast, Vancouver, BC, Canada. Early bird and BIG Ticket VIP tickets are now on sale, so visit TheBIGReady.com to get more details and grab your tickets today!
Mridu helps ambitious people get control of their time, energy, and habits, even when they are overwhelmed by demands and distractions. As a productivity coach, keynote speaker, and best-selling author she teaches people how to focus, overcome procrastination, and squash anxiety.
I had a great time talking with Mridu about her journaling habits (that is, if she has them), her thoughts on capturing ideas and thoughts and how she does that, and we specifically dive into the seven simple actions that she describers in her book.
- Mridu and I talk about why people stay in a “state of stuckness”? (3:31)
- Does Mridu journal? If so, how does she journal? (7:25)
- How does Mridu get people to take their energy levels into account when making to do lists and accomplishing goals? (10:11)
- We discuss how to balance recurring simple tasks with bigger, harder tasks (11:57)
- What are The Seven Simple Actions? (17:57)
- How do you figure out when to ask for help and for what? (24:45)
- This is something Mridu said no to after realizing it would be too much (27:16)
- How does Mridu help people with the idea of writing things down consistently? (31:10)
“Every time you think ‘I’ll remember that later,’ switch that and think ‘I won’t remember that later’.”– Mridu Parikh
- Life is Organized
- Episode 203: The Evolution of Getting Things Done with David Allen
- Accomplish It: 7 Simple Actions to Get the Right Things Done and Achieve Your Goals
- The Productivityist Podcast Pick of the Week: The Joe Rogan Experience
Remember that simple isn’t the same as easy. So while Mridu revealed 7 simple actions you can take to accomplish what you need and want to do, that doesn’t mean it will be easy to do them. My advice is to start small and build from there. Layer more and more of your ambitions using this formula Mridu shared over time rather than all at once and you’ll have a better chance of accomplishing “it” going forward.
Enjoy the show? Want to keep up with the podcast? You can subscribe to the podcast feed by clicking the “Share” button in the player above – and you can share it further using the same button as well. You can take things even one step further by rating and reviewing the show wherever you listen to podcasts. (FYI: I use Overcast on iOS.)
Do you want ideas, insights, and information on how to craft your time in just one weekly email?
Then you want ATTN: sent to you.
ATTN: is a weekly digest from Productivityist that delivers a week's worth of content in a nice little package directly to your inbox. Just enter your email to subscribe.