On this episode of the podcast, I have the pleasure of being joined by the author of The Book of Awesome Series, Neil Pasricha. Neil thinks, writes, and speaks about intentional living and on this episode he’s going to share with me some of his insights from the book You Are Awesome: How to Navigate Change, Wrestle with Failure, and Live an Intentional Life.
This episode is brought to you by Woven Calendar. Woven Calendar features powerful scheduling tools built into a smart, collaborative calendar. I absolutely love Woven. It’s allowed me to streamline my appointment bookings on so many levels and is an absolute pleasure to use. The templates are a huge timesaver, the scheduling links are phenomenal, and the ability to quickly toggle between what is “My Time” and everything else on my calendar gives me a quick snapshot of my day like no other calendar app does. Listeners of thus podcast are getting an exclusive offer to put Woven through the paces for themselves. Sign up for free today at woven.com/timecrafting and add Woven to your productivity stack and schedule faster than ever before!
This episode is also sponsored by Clean Email. If you’ve ever missed an important email because of your overloaded Inbox or spent far too much time wading through forests of unread emails, tons of newsletters, and follow-ups to find The One email you’ve been looking for then you’re going to want to check out Clean Email. Clean Email organizes all of your emails into smart views like social notifications, newsletters, unread emails, top senders, and more. With Clean Email you can quickly take care of those thousands of emails in your mailbox, marking them as read, archiving them, labeling and moving them around by hundreds or thousands at once. And Clean Email was designed with your privacy and security of your data in mind – since they are in the business of providing a great service in exchange for a fair fee they guarantee to not sell or analyze your data. Give Clean Email a try. Visit https://clean.email/timecrafting and get 50% off the 5 accounts annual package!
This episode is brought to you by the University of California Irvine Division of Continuing Education. Established in 1962, UCI offers education for adult learners in Orange County. But thanks to technology, their courses and certification programs in various fields are now available worldwide and online for just about anyone who’s interested. You can get 15% off of one (1) course by visiting http://ce.uci.edu/productivityist then enter the promo code timecrafting. Make sure you take advantage of this limited time offer as it is only valid until December 31, 2019 at 11:59 pm.
Neil is a New York Times best-selling author of 5(!) books, selling well over a million copies of his books in the process. He also hosts the award-winning podcast – and foamier Productivityist Podcast Pick of the Week – 3 Books. He’s an in-demand international speaker and, like me, is a Canadian. Unlike me, he lives in Toronto with his wife and three sons.
We spend time during our discussion talking about his latest book and a wide variety of productivity-related topics for just over an hour, making this one of the longer episodes I’ve ever produced. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this conversation I have with Neil on the program. It’s, in a word… awesome.
- Neil shares with me what You Are Awesome is really about (3:50)
- He shares why he started his blog (10:29)
- This is the difference between resilience and grit (11:47)
- We talk about the use of ellipses or the dot-dot-dot (13:10)
- These are the steps that you need to take to be awesome (17:14)
- We explore an all-too-common feeling: the feeling of not being good enough (21:00)
- Neil and I discuss the importance of failure (30:50)
- Does Neil journal? (36:28)
- Neil turns the tables and asks me about my journaling practice (39:16)
- When I share with Neil my TimeCrafting methodology he asks if I feel any sort of constraints surrounding it (43:12)
- I turn the tables back and ask Neil if he has any sort of daily theming practice that he uses (45:15)
- We close out the conversation by slowing things down a bit (58:35)
“We have never been more productive – ever – than now.”– Neil Pasricha
- You Are Awesome: How to Navigate Change, Wrestle with Failure, and Live an Intentional Life
- Day One
- What Got You Here Won’t Get You There: How Successful People Become Even More Successful
- The Art of Non-Conformity: Set Your Own Rules, Live the Life You Want, and Change the World
- The Pomodoro Technique
- The Productivityist Podcast Pick of the Week: Akimbo
There’s a lot to unpack in this episode and so many great takeaways. It was refreshing to have the tables turned on me with a few questions and I know we could have spoken to each other for much longer. I encourage to give this episode a repeat listen – there are insights a-plenty to be found!
Enjoy the show? Want to keep up with the podcast? You can subscribe to the podcast feed by clicking the “Share” button in the player above – and you can share it further using the same button as well. You can take things even one step further by rating and reviewing the show wherever you listen to podcasts. (FYI: I use Overcast on iOS.)
Do you want ideas, insights, and information on how to craft your time in just one weekly email?
Then you want ATTN: sent to you.
ATTN: is a weekly digest from Productivityist that delivers a week's worth of content in a nice little package directly to your inbox. Just enter your email to subscribe.