This episode of The Productivityist Podcast is sponsored by Health IQ, an insurance company that helps health conscious people like runners, cyclist, weightlifters and vegetarians get lower rates on their life insurance. Go to healthiq.com/vardy to support the show and see if you qualify.Today’s guest is Dr. Mary Lamia – a clinical psychologist, psychoanalyst and the author of the new book What Motivates Getting Things Done. We spoke about why it is important to have ways to create absolute deadlines, the role emotions have in personal productivity, the nature of distraction and more. Some of the topics we discuss include:
- How specific deadlines combined with accountability can help
- Task driven people vs. procrastinators
- Why emotions are what really motivate us
- A fear of failure is significantly present among those who are successful
- Why shame anxiety is a powerful motivation too
- Why distractions are not a bad thing
- The importance of focusing your stress
Do you want ideas, insights, and information on how to craft your time in just one weekly email?
Then you want ATTN: sent to you.
ATTN: is a weekly digest from Productivityist that delivers a week's worth of content in a nice little package directly to your inbox. Just enter your email to subscribe.