To ring in 2016, on this episode of the show I speak with my friend Cal Newport, the author of So Good They Can’t Ignore You and his latest effort, Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World.
We talk about the difference between deep and shallow work, why focusing on doing more deep work may not be for everyone, and how you can start to create more time to do deep work.
- Excerpt from DEEP WORK by Cal Newport | Medium
- Resolve to Live a Deep Life | Cal Newport
- I Want to Show You Exactly How I Prioritize Deep Work in My Busy Life | Cal Newport
- Adam Grant | Give and Take
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World by Cal Newport
Thanks to Transpose for supporting this week’s episode. It’s a fantastic software as a service solution that you’re going to want to check out. To learn more about Transpose, click here.
I’ve written more about why (and how) I’m going to do more deep work going forward in the latest edition of The Productivityist Weekly. You can sign up to get the weekly newsletter that features first-run content, a showcase of other things I’m reading and doing, and much more by clicking here.