Anytime is a good time to establish a “well life”, and it just so happened that we’re starting 2017 with a means to help you do just that.
On this episode of The Productivityist Podcast, my guest is Briana Borten. She is a peace engineer and wellness entrepreneur who owns The Dragontree Spa and co-wrote The Well Life.
Backed up with their experiences in alternative healing and a genuine yearning to help their clients to live a more fulfilling life, Briana and her husband Dr. Peter Borten wrote the book The Well Life: How to Use Sweetness, Structure, and Space to Create Balance, Happiness, and Peace, which Briana and I talk about throughout the show.
Here’s just some of what you’ll learn:
- How Briana and Peter’s wellness advocacy started 13 years ago, as they established the Dragontree with their background in acupuncture and Ayurvedic medicine, and what motivated them to write this book.
- The concept of “sweetness”, and how and why it should be constantly present in our lives.
- The tools, techniques, and habits that they shared in the book that they found to have greatly impacted and improved their lives.
- How important a healthy foundation is, and how it involves seemingly mundane activities that allow us to nourish our minds and body.
- The connection between thoughts and feelings as well as intentions, and the body’s reaction to these intentions.
- The human data stream flowing into our lives all day long, the element of space, and the need to have space where we’re not connected to anything or anyone but ourselves.
- What’s up with the current fascination and attraction of people to nature-based, alternative philosophies and healing?
- How space plays out vis-à-vis with her concept of scheduling – which ought to give us a greater understanding of our capabilities and limits.
- Briana’s journaling and meditation habit, and how this integrates into her life.
- The concept of “The Baggage List” and how accomplishing it can help individuals feel freer.
- The Well Life
- The Well Life: How to Use Structure, Sweetness, and Space to Create Balance, Happiness, and Peace: Briana Borten, Dr. Peter Borten | Amazon
- The Productivityist Podcast: Dr. Michael Breus
- The Dragontree
- Briana Borten
Thanks for listening. Until next time remember to stop guessing…and start going