Steve Dotto shares how you can best leverage support from your community through Patreon, and why it should be a key pillar to your business – so you can keep creating great content.
Steve is an expert in helping people master tech to live the life they want. For over 20 years, as host and executive producer of Dotto Tech, a nationally syndicated TV show, Steve has entertained and educated millions of Canadians on all aspects of technology.
A big revenue stream to his business is from his supporters on Patreon. He currently generates over $6,000 per month from his Patreon fans, and he’s generated over $400,000 in revenue to date. I had to have my good friend Steve back on the show to learn more about his success, and his Patreon Boot Camp that I’ve signed up to. Join us as we discuss the 80/20 rule with email subscribers, why relationships are so unique on Patreon, the lessons learned from my first Patreon launch – and exit strategies.
- Patreon’s origin story serving the musician community
- How to build a dialogue with your podcast community
- Steve’s success on Patreon
- Leverage your email subscribers
- What kind of perks to offer to your Patreons
- What you’ll get from Patreon Boot Camp
- A special assignment to do after this episode
“Customers aren’t vested in your success – they’re vested in purchasing the value it gives them.”– Steve Dotto
- Webinar: How to Succeed on Patreon and Monetize Your Content
- Steve’s Patreon Boot Camp
- Steve’s Patreon page
- Episode 115: Protechtivity with Steve Dotto
- 1000 True Fans
- Episode 238: How to Keep Going with Austin Kleon
Enjoy the show? Want to keep up with the podcast? You can subscribe to the podcast feed by clicking the “Share” button in the player above – and you can share it further using the same button as well. You can take things even one step further by rating and reviewing the show wherever you listen to podcasts. (FYI: I use Overcast on iOS.)