Pamela Slim uncovers how to connect with potential clients and customers using the true breadth of the marketplace.
Pamela Slim is an author, community builder, consultant and former corporate director of training and development at Barclays Global Investors. Since 2005, Pam has advised thousands of entrepreneurs as well as companies serving the small business market such as Infusionsoft, Progressive Insurance and Prezi.
In her latest book, The Widest Net, Pam explains how to build strong diverse relationships, identify and connect with new partners, expand markets and find new customers in places you may never have considered. It’s been a long time coming having Pam join the show. Join us as we discuss stress-testing a framework, the always/ never list, books tours – and unintended puns.
Want to support A Productive Conversation with Mike Vardy? Then take a look at our podcast sponsors page where you can find a variety of products and services designed to help you lead a more productive life. You can see all of our current sponsors – including the ones for this episode – here.
- Putting together the Widest Net framework
- Pam’s variation of the customer avatar exercise
- Understanding your ecosystem
- The Accordion principle and setting boundaries
- Beginning a business with a mission statement
- Fostering the right business relationships
- Finding your ‘Peanut Butter and Jelly’ partners
“Running a business is always a team sport.“– Pamela Slim
- ‘Widest Net’ by Pamela Slim
- K’é Main Street Learning Lab
- Episode 103: The Unmistakable Srinivas Rao
- Episode 388: Mike Michalowicz talks about Getting Different
- You Need A Budget
- ‘Quiet’ by Susan Cain
Enjoy the show? Want to keep up with the podcast? You can subscribe to the podcast feed by clicking the “Share” button in the player above – and you can share it further using the same button as well. You can take things even one step further by rating and reviewing the show wherever you listen to podcasts. (FYI: I use Overcast on iOS.)