You don’t need to sacrifice your life to run a business – you can have both. Adii Pienaar shares how to measure your Life Profitability to live an extraordinary life.
Today’s guest, Adii Pienaar, is not a fan of labels, but he’s a true life-first entrepreneur and avid writer. He also co-founded WooThemes in 2007, founded Conversio in 2014. His latest book, Life Profitability: The New Measure of Entrepreneurial Success distills a new perspective for becoming self-aware, recognising your values, and understanding your impact. I found it really impactful, so I couldn’t wait to bring Adii on to the show.
Listen to this conversation as we take a step back and review how to live an enriched life AND run a successful business. We discuss the power of language, journaling, what ‘harmony’ means to Adii – and cultivating ‘breadcrumbs’ of writing.
- Being a seeker
- The pros and cons of ambition
- Why we shouldn’t strive for ‘work-life balance’
- Measuring qualitative goals
- How to maintain and sustain your life profitability
- How journaling has helped Adii
- Breaking old patterns
“Seek the newer versions of your truths.“– Adii Pienaar
- ‘Life Profitability’ by Adii Pienaar
- ‘Motion’ by Adii Pienaar
- The Toxicity of Relentless Ambition
- ‘When Breath Becomes Air’ by Paul Kalanithi
- Episode 226: How to Build a Company of One with Paul Jarvis
- ‘Siddhartha’ by Hermann Hesse
- ‘The Values Factor’ by Dr. John DeMartini
- 13 Questions with Dr John Demartini
Enjoy the show? Want to keep up with the podcast? You can subscribe to the podcast feed by clicking the “Share” button in the player above – and you can share it further using the same button as well. You can take things even one step further by rating and reviewing the show wherever you listen to podcasts. (FYI: I use Overcast on iOS.)
Do you want ideas, insights, and information on how to craft your time in just one weekly email?
Then you want ATTN: sent to you.
ATTN: is a weekly digest from Productivityist that delivers a week's worth of content in a nice little package directly to your inbox. Just enter your email to subscribe.