Small business expert and former photographer Jeffrey Shaw unpacks how live the best self-employed life.
Jeffrey Shaw became one of the most preeminent portrait photographers in the United States. He decided to share his knowledge of business, branding, and marketing to support self-employed and small business owners as well as progressive-minded companies. I had a great time learning more about his strategies that have helped small businesses scale their big dreams.
We unpack the insights from his latest book The Self-Employed Life: Business and Personal Development Strategies. We also explore personal development, redefining what we mean by ‘niche’, owning your area of expertise, and lessons from sea kayaking.
- What’s needed to be successfully self-employed
- The ecosystem analogy
- The business model of multiples
- Daily habits for small business owners
- ‘The What’s Going Right’ journal
- Being clear with your meaning and marketability
“Set up your business for the capacity that is to come, not for it currently is.”– Jeffrey Shaw
- The Self-Employed Life Podcast
- The Membership Guys
- Self-Employed Ecosystem Coaching
- ‘LINGO’ by Jeffrey Shaw
- Episode 227: Why You Need Atomic Habits with James Clear
- Clear Habit Journal
Enjoy the show? Want to keep up with the podcast? You can subscribe to the podcast feed by clicking the “Share” button in the player above – and you can share it further using the same button as well. You can take things even one step further by rating and reviewing the show wherever you listen to podcasts. (FYI: I use Overcast on iOS.)