Play around more when you work to boost productivity. Founder of Breakthrough Play, Gary Ware, shares what you can do today.
I’ve known Gary Ware for over 10 years now. He’s a true expert when it comes to play – it’s not just associated with kids. In this conversation, I pick his brains to find out how play can help boost productivity. Day-to-day, Gary helps professionals level-up their confidence, creativity, and happiness using play. He is the Founder of Breakthrough Play, a corporate facilitator and keynote speaker with a decade of experience as a performer in improv theatre.
In this interview, we explore how so many of us have been conditioned to play after we work, purposeful play activities, cliffhangers, and the hustle culture.
- The productive power of play
- The different forms of play
- Some distracting play ‘traps’
- The infinite versus the finite mindset
- Practical applications of play you can do today
“Play is an advantage.”– Gary Ware
- Episode 90: Productivity & Play with Dr. Kirsten Milliken
- ‘Playdhd’ by Dr. Kirsten Milliken
- ‘Finite and Infinite Games’ by James Carse
- ‘The Infinite Game’ by Simon Sinek
- ‘Unmistakable’ by Sriniva Rao
- ‘SuperBetter’ by Jane McGonigal
- The BIG Ready
- World Domination Summit
Enjoy the show? Want to keep up with the podcast? You can subscribe to the podcast feed by clicking the “Share” button in the player above – and you can share it further using the same button as well. You can take things even one step further by rating and reviewing the show wherever you listen to podcasts. (FYI: I use Overcast on iOS.)