As a specialist in delivering presentations and workshops to empower leaders, I’m excited to share with you today’s guest Dave Delaney – an expert on being nice.
Today Dave Delaney joins the show, creator of the NICE Method™. He’s a keynote speaker, corporate trainer, and the author of the acclaimed book, New Business Networking. He’s worked with the likes of Google, LinkedIn and UPS.
I’m excited to speak with the fellow Canadian and comedy fan, to learn more about his approach to simply being… well, nice. We know the world could do with more of that! Tune in as we discuss practising empathy, the “Yes, and…” mindset, being open-minded – and my love for Ted Lasso on Apple TV.
- Leaning into ‘niceness’
- Dealing with jerks
- The link between happiness and niceness
- How to not treat it as a throwaway word
- Being authentically nice
- The skill in considering other people’s opinions and beliefs
- The NICE Method™ framework
- The impact of music
“First and foremost, be nice to yourself.”– Dave Delaney
- Ted Lasso
- Brené with Jason Sudeikis & Brendan Hunt on Ted Lasso
- How to Fend Off a Jerk
- The Master Communicator’s Secret Weapon
- Episode 274: Humor That Works with Andrew Tarvin
- Nice Maker Newsletter
Enjoy the show? Want to keep up with the podcast? You can subscribe to the podcast feed by clicking the “Share” button in the player above – and you can share it further using the same button as well. You can take things even one step further by rating and reviewing the show wherever you listen to podcasts. (FYI: I use Overcast on iOS.)