What is it that ultimately drives you? It’s key to know this across all areas of your life, so I’m excited to speak with Todd Henry again on the show as we uncover the Motivation Code.
Today’s guest Todd Henry has helped identify the unique ways that we are motivated. It’s fascinating: there are 27 potential ways and it’s different for all of us. Todd is a self-proclaimed “arms dealer for the creative revolution”, who is a writer, speaker, and helps facilitate people and teams generate brilliant ideas. He’s written four books and has recently released his fifth book, The Motivation Code: Discover The Hidden Forces That Drive Your Best Work, co-authored with Rod Penner, Todd Hall and Joshua Miller.
It’s not about waiting for work to motivate us; once we identify our true motivations, we’re in flow. In this conversation, we explore MCODE™ assessment, experiencing flow, how knowing our motivation benefits both our work and personal lives.
- Compiling the new books after decades of research
- How the opportunity came up to write the book
- The six values of themes
- Results from the assessment and what they mean
- Why we need to dig deep with assessment results
- Trigger, process and outcome motivation
- Experiencing flow when their motivation code is activated
- How and when our motivation shifts over time
- Long-term benefits of knowing your motivational traits
“We create enemies when we don’t need to.”– Todd Henry
- Episode 54: Voice Lessons with Todd Henry
- The Motivation Code | Amazon
- MCODE™ Assessment
- Herding Tigers | Amazon
Enjoy the show? Want to keep up with the podcast? You can subscribe to the podcast feed by clicking the “Share” button in the player above – and you can share it further using the same button as well. You can take things even one step further by rating and reviewing the show wherever you listen to podcasts. (FYI: I use Overcast on iOS.)