Distraction-free writing: a process that all writers seek. Find out how today’s guest, Adam Leeb, has made it that much easier for you.
As a writer myself, getting into the ‘flow state’ isn’t alway attainable. But when I came across the distraction-free writing tool Freewrite Traveler, I had to bring on Adam Leeb, the cofounder, to the podcast. Freewrite is a portable tool with no copy/paste or other advanced editing functionality to promote maximum writing productivity. Pure magic.
Adam is an award winning product designer and mechanical engineer who is obsessed with product design especially in relation to user experience and user interaction. Join us as we explore mechanical keyboards, removing distractions, failed crowdfunding campaigns, and 3D printing over quarantine.
- What attracted Adam to design and Astrohaus
- Developing a tool to help writers stay focused with the creative writing process
- Their design philosophy
- Specialized vs multi-use products
- Adam’s desire to design products
- Taking more risks
- Being ahead of the curve
- Running crowdfunding campaigns
- Why crowdfund if you have the clout or finances?
- A reversal approach to productivity
“It takes energy to resist.”– Adam Leeb
- Freewrite Traveler
- Punisher Yo-Yo
- Video Confessional Booth
- Wayne Gretzky
- Kara Goldin
- Baron Fig
- Episode 317: The Analog Way with Jeff Sheldon
Enjoy the show? Want to keep up with the podcast? You can subscribe to the podcast feed by clicking the “Share” button in the player above – and you can share it further using the same button as well. You can take things even one step further by rating and reviewing the show wherever you listen to podcasts. (FYI: I use Overcast on iOS.)