Deep work can easily feel overwhelming, so we put it off. In this episode we dissect how you can make it meaningful to you, and apply it to any area of your life.
We’re only human – we can’t achieve everything on one single day. Instead, it takes steady increments that lead us to the desired results. Today’s guest Cristina Roman has taught her clients this very philosophy. She’s a Certified Life Coach, deep work extraordinaire, and coaches clients on overcoming procrastination.
By small actions, and focusing on results, we get deep into the good stuff, and less of the procrastinating tasks. Tune in as we unpick her favourite books, second order thinking, and why ‘prudence’ is my word.
- Getting into a deep work state within 15 minutes
- Stand out learning from Cal Newport’s book ‘Deep Work’
- Overcome deep work overwhelm
- Apply deep work to your personal life
- Deep work for group tasks
- Using evidence to beat procrastination
- How our language impacts our beliefs and behaviours
- How much procrastination can you “afford”?
- The fear of making the “right or wrong” decision
- Actionable steps to move away from procrastination
“Slow down to speed up.”– Cristina Roman
- Deep Work | Amazon
- The Life Coach School
- Atomic Habits | Amazon
- Episode 227: Why You Need Atomic Habits with James Clear
- Episode 266: Becoming Indistractable with Nir Eyal
- Second-Order Thinking: What Smart People Use to Outperform
- Ziva Meditation
- Muse Meditation
- Stress Less, Accomplish More | Amazon
Enjoy the show? Want to keep up with the podcast? You can subscribe to the podcast feed by clicking the “Share” button in the player above – and you can share it further using the same button as well. You can take things even one step further by rating and reviewing the show wherever you listen to podcasts. (FYI: I use Overcast on iOS.)