My guest for this episode of the program is digital strategist, renowned speaker, and good friend Bosco Anthony. When we decided to have this conversation initially, we had a different set of topics in mind. But based on the current climate of the world when we recorded this episode – early June 2020 – the discussion went in a different direction.
Bosco Anthony is an International Speaker, Storyteller and Digital Strategist with a background in corporate leadership and business operations. His experience in the corporate sector provides wisdom on operational maturity, business growth, digital strategy, performance efficiencies, and design thinking ideology. Bosco spends much time on research trends and is an idea rebel at heart. Bosco is recognized for his executive mentorship, entrepreneurial spirit and passion for operational maturity. Bosco thrives in a collaborative playground and is known for being an influence to the business and digital community having spoken at TEDx Stanley Park on fuelling life with purpose and alignment. Having roots in Tanzania, East Africa Bosco spent much of his adult life in Vancouver, Canada. He now calls Brisbane, Australia home.
I’ve known Bosco for years and have seen him speak on many occasions. He knows his stuff and having him on the podcast has been a long time coming. But there’s more to Bosco than I’d known before having this discussion with him.
During our discussion, Bosco and I went beyond the topic of productivity. We focused primarily on the subject of racism and uncertainty. We also spent some time talking about being a night owl, whether or not the return of sports will serve as a distraction from both the minutia and the important issues of the day, and how to deal with uncertainty in a time filled with it. I’m glad we took the time to shift gears and take our conversation down this path. I hope you enjoy it, too.
- Bosco speaks on how he feels about todays on going events and protests
- I ask Bosco if he thinks that when sports come back that it will create a distraction that shifts attention away from the Black Lives Matter movement
- How does uncertainty and unfolding uncertain elements in the world affect Bosco’s productivity?
- Bosco offers some simple steps you can take when you are in trying times and don’t feel like you can keep moving forward
“When you’re not biased to one perspective it allows you to absorb more information at a quicker, rapid pace.“– Bosco Anthony
- Why Time Flies: A Mostly Scientific Investigation
- The 5 AM Club: Own Your Morning. Elevate Your Life.
- High Performance Habits: How Extraordinary People Become That Way
- The Sleep Revolution: Transforming Your Life, One Night at a Time
- 1619 | The NY Times Podcast Series
- The Blue Zones: 9 Lessons for Living Longer From the People Who’ve Lived the Longest
- The Productivityist Podcast Pick of The Week: Unlocking Us with Brené Brown
Enjoy the show? Want to keep up with the podcast? You can subscribe to the podcast feed by clicking the “Share” button in the player above – and you can share it further using the same button as well. You can take things even one step further by rating and reviewing the show wherever you listen to podcasts. (FYI: I use Overcast.)