I’m beyond thrilled to bring you this episode of the podcast featuring guest Keith Ferrazzi. Keith is the author of the best-selling book Never Eat Alone and our conversation centers around his latest book – a book I had the pleasure of devouring in advance – Leading Without Authority: How the New Power of Co-Elevation Can Break Down Silos, Transform Teams, and Reinvent Collaboration.
Keith’s mission is simple: transform teams to help them transform the world. (I said simple.. not easy.) Beyond his work as an author of #1 New York Times bestselling author of Who’s Got Your Back and Never Eat Alone, Keith is the founder and CEO of Ferrazzi Greenlight, a management consulting and team coaching company that works with many of the world’s biggest corporations. A graduate of Harvard Business School, Keith rose to become the youngest CMO of a Fortune 500 company during his career at Deloitte, and later became CMO of Starwood Hotels. He is a frequent contributor to Harvard Business Review, Forbes, and Fortune and I am delighted he decided to join me in conversation on The Productivityist Podcast.
Keith and I talk about what he means by “co-elevation” and why it’s so vital in today’s world – even beyond the workplace environment. We also spend time discussing the role of ego. in leading without authority, why believing that you work better on your own is not at all true, and much more. I had a great time having Keith as my guest on the program and I know you’ll get plenty out of our conversation.
- Keith explains what he means by leading without authority
- What is an example of how co-elevation can help you operate beyond your work life?
- Why can a shift in mindset be such a struggle for people?
- Keith touches on what it is like to have to change how you work to adapt for someone else
- How important was it for Keith to include the proof that this can work for people – and lead people in the right direction?
- How can ego affect the process and the co-elevation way of thinking and living?
- This is what Keith has to say to people who think they work best on their own
- Keith shares his thoughts on patience and if patience is required for adopting the elements of co-elevation
- If someone picked up Leading Without Authority today, what is ONE action that they should start with?
“The ability to truly transform, not just you, not just your companies but the people around you.“– Keith Ferrazzi
- Leading Without Authority: How the New Power of Co-Elevation Can Break Down Silos, Transform Teams, and Reinvent Collaboration
- Ferrazzi Learning
- Virtual Teams Win
Enjoy the show? Want to keep up with the podcast? You can subscribe to the podcast feed by clicking the “Share” button in the player above – and you can share it further using the same button as well. You can take things even one step further by rating and reviewing the show wherever you listen to podcasts. (FYI: I use Overcast on iOS.)