This week I’m joined by fellow productivity enthusiast/specialist/strategist, Matt Ragland. This is a conversation I’ve wanted to have for some time and I’m glad I’m able to deliver it as my 300th episode of The Productivityist Podcast.
This episode is brought to you by Bambee. When running a business, Human Resources issues can kill you. There’s so much to wrap your head around and hiring an HR Manager is going to cost you – they command an average of seventy-thousand dollars a year! That’s where Bambee comes in. Created specifically for small business, Bambee provides you with a dedicated HR Manager that can craft your HR policy, and maintain your compliance, all for just one low monthly fee. You don’t need to deal with HR issues – let Bambee do that for you. Go to bambee.com/timecrafting now to schedule your FREE HR audit. You’ll be glad you did.
This episode is brought to you by TextExpander. With TextExpander, you can unlock your productivity with its many features. With TextExpander you can make everything you write repetitively available everywhere you type: text documents, spreadsheets, web forms, and more. Unlock your productivity with TextExpander. Visit TextExpander.com/podcast for 20% off your first year.
This episode is brought to you by the University of California Irvine Division of Continuing Education. Established in 1962, UCI offers education for adult learners in Orange County. But thanks to technology, their courses and certification programs in various fields are now available worldwide and online for just about anyone who’s interested. You can get 15% off of one (1) course by visiting http://ce.uci.edu/productivityist then enter the promo code timecrafting. Make sure you take advantage of this limited time offer as it is only valid until July 31, 2020 at 11:59 pm. (Please note that this discount is for almost all of the certificate programs. The exceptions only include coding boot camps, international programs, teacher credentialing programs, and test prep courses.)
Matt is a YouTuber and productivity coach who shows you how to get your head out of your apps and focus on what matters. His ACE method has helped thousands of people create awareness, clarity, and execution on their goals and habits. He lives in Nashville, TN with his wife and two sons.
We spend time talking about habits, the tools he uses, journaling, and much more. If you’re really into productivity practices or simply want to hear two people really “nerd out” about that sort of stuff, then this episode of the podcast is for you.
- What led Matt to that moment of realization that he needed to “get his head out of his apps?”
- This is how Matt got past the feeling of the idea that you must use online tools and apps
- Matt talks about his views on New Year’s resolutions and annual events
- How does Matt keep the flow of his day moving in a paper planner?
- This is what journaling looks like for Matt
- Matt shares whether or not he uses a paper wall calendar
“If I see something that matters to me and I know it improves my life, my only goal is really just to be as consistent as I can with it.“– Matt Ragland
- “Get Your Head Out of Your Apps” – Why the Bullet Journal Method means so much to me
- Episode 213: The Bullet Journal Method with Ryder Carroll
- Baronfig (Affiliate Link)
- ConvertKit (Affiliate Link)
- Sleep Cycle (Affiliate Link)
- Philips SmartSleep HF3500/60 Wake-Up Light Therapy Alarm Clock (Amazon Affiliate Link)
- 5 DAY TIME TRACKING CHALLENGE
- Episode 238: How to Keep Going with Austin Kleon
- START JOURNALING
- Episode 227: Why You Need Atomic Habits with James Clear
- Podia (Affiliate Link)
- Matt Ragland’s Website
- Matt’s YouTube Channel
Enjoy the show? Want to keep up with the podcast? You can subscribe to the podcast feed by clicking the “Share” button in the player above – and you can share it further using the same button as well. You can take things even one step further by rating and reviewing the show wherever you listen to podcasts. (FYI: I use Overcast on iOS.)
Do you want ideas, insights, and information on how to craft your time in just one weekly email?
Then you want ATTN: sent to you.
ATTN: is a weekly digest from Productivityist that delivers a week's worth of content in a nice little package directly to your inbox. Just enter your email to subscribe.