On this episode of the podcast, I’m joined by Cliff Ravenscraft. For more than a decade, Cliff had been known as the Podcast Answer Man. He’s trained tens of thousands of individuals how to successfully launch an audio podcast. Today, Cliff is a business and life coach. He mentors coaches, consultants and thought leaders through the transition from their unfulfilling day job to their own responsible and profitable online business so that they can live the life of their dreams and do the work they feel most called to do in this world.
This episode is sponsored by HoneyBook. HoneyBook is an online business management tool that organizes your client communications, bookings, contracts, and invoices – all in one place. HoneyBook makes it simple to run your business better. Professional templates, e-signatures and built in automation keeps everything on track and makes you look good. right now, HoneyBook is offering listeners of this podcast 50% off when you visit http://honeybook.com/timecrafting. Payment is flexible, and this promotion applies whether you pay monthly or annually.
This episode is also brought to you by my new online course, 30 Days of TimeCrafting. In this program you’ll learn all of the basics of the productivity methods I use in my TimeCrafting process that help me define my day, filter my focus, and make every moment matter… for just $5. To learn more about this program, visit productivityist.com/fivedollars.
This is a longer episode than usual but it is jam-packed with inspiration – which is the perfect way to wrap up one decade and starting another. Cliff’s energy is palpable throughout as he shares with me his online business story, what the transition from one business brand to another has been like, and his evolving views on productivity over the course of the years. There’s a lot to unpack and you’ll want to just sit back and absorb everything Cliff dishes out over the hour-long conversation.
- What has the journey been like for Cliff in the many years he’s been an entrepreneur (3:08)
- This is Cliff’s advice to anyone who is thinking about jumping into the online business world but wants to play it safe (8:10)
- What did Year One of Cliff’s online business story look like? (9:20)
- Cliff shares his burnout stories and why he experiences burnout during those times (10:09)
- This is what happened in Cliff’s world in September 2017… and it changed EVERYTHING (12:43)
- We talk about the transition from Podcast Answer Man to what Cliff is doing today (18:35)
- What the people in Cliff’s life thought about him abandoning his lucrative business (20:46)
- This is Cliff’s “mission statement” (22:45)
- What about Cliff’s health? What changes has he made there? (25:24)
- Cliff shares the workout routine that he committed to so that he could get his health in order (29:00)
- We start to spend time talking about… Cliff’s views on time (31:02)
- This is who Cliff learned from as he built his new business (32:35)
- What does Cliff think of the idea of the “overnight success story” today? (36:25)
- After Cliff recommended this book, I picked it up (38:00)
- Cliff takes notes on something I said here… and runs with it! (40:01)
- Here’s an alarming productivity tip… (42:13)
- We start talking about planning – especially regarding Cliff’s “Free The Dream” event (45:05)
- I share with Cliff the idea of the task-based mindset vs the time-based mindset (48:40)
- When it all boils down to it, this is really all Cliff cares about (49:50)
- Does Cliff have a team to help him out on an ongoing basis? (52:50)
- We end on what Cliff did and what he would recommend you do if you’re just starting out on your entrepreneurial journey (54:10)
“Every day is today.”– Cliff Ravenscraft
- Cliff Ravenscraft
- Think and Grow Rich
- Episode 239: Free to Focus with Michael Hyatt
- Social Media Marketing World
- SPI 256: Productivity and Frameworks with Mike Vardy from Productivityist
- The Prosperous Coach
- The Big Leap
- Free The Dream
- BradyMade Events
- This Changes EVERYTHING
- The Productivityist Podcast Pick fo the Week: Think Better, Live Better
After speaking with Cliff, he sent me a quick email that let me know there were things he shared on this episode that he had never expressed before. He said he “verbally processed a few new experiences” that he had never fully processed until our conversation. The big thing he shared was the idea that he’d been experiencing a flow state pretty consistently as of our conversation but hadn’t really been able to identify it as such until that point. I hope that our conversation helps you either process some new experiences or identify some of the blind spots in your life (hopefully it helps you with both of those things)!
Enjoy the show? Want to keep up with the podcast? You can subscribe to the podcast feed by clicking the “Share” button in the player above – and you can share it further using the same button as well. You can take things even one step further by rating and reviewing the show wherever you listen to podcasts. (FYI: I use Overcast on iOS.)
Do you want ideas, insights, and information on how to craft your time in just one weekly email?
Then you want ATTN: sent to you.
ATTN: is a weekly digest from Productivityist that delivers a week's worth of content in a nice little package directly to your inbox. Just enter your email to subscribe.