On this episode I’m joined by Brian Dixon, the author of Start with Your People: The Daily Decision that Changes Everything. As a podcaster, conference speaker, and business coach, Brian is passionate about helping high potential leaders and teams thrive in a world of overwhelming options.
Some of the things we discuss during our conversation include what people can do to make sure they are starting on the right foot with others, why putting people first plays a role in your productivity, and the things you can do so that you can start with people first.
- Brian speaks about the idea of “deciding” and the concept of the daily decision
- The nuanced approach to creating harmony between the needs of your people and your own needs
- This is The One Hour Exchange… and how you make it happen in a way that works for you
- What steps should someone take if they want to start off on the right foot when “starting with their people”
- Brian loves personality tests. Here are the four he likes the best.
- Brian challenges you to pick one day to do this
- What does it mean to adopt a mentality of abundance?
- I learned this about Mr. Rogers
- What can you do to start starting with people today?
“The pebble rarely sees the ripple…my job is to make an impact on the people in my life and I will never necessarily know the impact that they make as a result of me impacting them. But I can hold my head up high or put my head on the pillow at night and say ‘job well done.'”– Brian Dixon
- Start with Your People: The Daily Decision that Changes Everything
- Episode 203: The Evolution of Getting Things Done with David Allen
- The Clarity Sessions
- The Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery
- The Wisdom of the Enneagram: The Complete Guide to Psychological and Spiritual Growth for the Nine Personality Types
- 5 AM Miracle: The Daily Decision that Changes Everything with Brian Dixon
- Episode 265: Bringing Gratitude with Karl Staib
- Brian’s Website
- The Productivityist Podcast Pick of the Week: Typology
I like this particular take on “people-powered productivity.” Why? Because it’s personal. Brian’s got some great ideas throughout the pages of his book and he shared quite a few during our conversation. I hope you get a lot out of it. I know that I did.
Enjoy the show? Want to keep up with the podcast? You can subscribe to the podcast feed by clicking the “Share” button in the player above – and you can share it further using the same button as well. You can take things even one step further by rating and reviewing the show wherever you listen to podcasts. (FYI: I use Overcast on iOS.)
Do you want ideas, insights, and information on how to craft your time in just one weekly email?
Then you want ATTN: sent to you.
ATTN: is a weekly digest from Productivityist that delivers a week's worth of content in a nice little package directly to your inbox. Just enter your email to subscribe.