On this episode of the podcast, I am joined by Joel Heath. Joel is founder & CEO of FluidStance, the world’s first work platform that elicits subtle movement where you are stuck working. His personal purpose is to move the world and FluidStance’s purpose is to help set the world in motion.
This episode is brought to you by the University of California Irvine Division of Continuing Education. Their courses and certification programs in various fields are available worldwide and online for just about anyone who’s interested. You can get 15% off of one course by visiting http://ce.uci.edu/productivityist then enter the promo code timecrafting. Keep in mind that this offer is only valid until December 31, 2019 at 11:59
- How I’ve been using my FluidStance deck (2:30)
- What FluidStance is and why Joel started FluidStance (3:06)
- How the FluidStance fits into my office “productivity zones” (6:19)
- Joel describes what he calls “The 70-20-10 Model” (7:05)
- How Joel approaches the concept of moderation in various areas of his life (9:56)
- Joel’s thoughts on walking meetings and recognizing his true role in his company (13:01)
- How someone can adopt healthier habits and forge a healthier lifestyle (19:14)
- How the words we use can really shift perspective and choice (22:55)
- What Joel thinks about the term “work-life balance” (25:29)
- We talk a bit about comfort and complacency (27:54)
- How important it is the element of beauty and craft in what Joel does (32:30)
“A thousand changes in a positive direction can have a huge impact.”Joel Heath
- Episode 227: Why You Need Atomic Habits with James Clear
- How I Built This: Michael Rubin
- Episode 229: Exploring Digital Minimalism with Cal Newport
- Here’s One Thing You Can Do to Make Your To Do List Better
I had a great time chatting with Joel and I’ve been using my FluidStance deck off and on ever since our conversation. I could stand to use it more often (see what I did there?) and revisiting this episode when putting together these notes have inspired me to do so. Why? Because I have been working on my health over the past several months and I know that my FluidStance deck can have a positive impact on that project. And as Joel said…every little bit helps.
Enjoy the show? Want to keep up with the podcast? You can subscribe to the podcast feed by clicking the “Share” button in the player above – and you can share it further using the same button as well. You can take things even one step further by rating and reviewing the show wherever you listen to podcasts. Thanks for making and taking time to listen to the show. See you later.
Do you want ideas, insights, and information on how to craft your time in just one weekly email?
Then you want ATTN: sent to you.
ATTN: is a weekly digest from Productivityist that delivers a week's worth of content in a nice little package directly to your inbox. Just enter your email to subscribe.