On today’s episode, I spent time with Chad Barger. Chad Barger is a fundraising coach, productivity guru and vlogger. Chad teaches charities how to optimize their fundraising, so they can focus on changing the world. He is the founder and managing director of the firm Productive Fundraising which focuses on implementing simple, effective fundraising systems as well as strategies to strengthen nonprofit boards of directors.
Chad Barger [BAR-jur] teaches small charities to fundraise more effectively. He is better known to many as @fundraiserchad, a trusted guide to the fundraising tactics and tools that are working today. He is a sought after nonprofit fundraising consultant, trainer and coach. Chad has spent his entire career as a fundraiser. He has worked in large shops and small in a variety of sectors (higher education, social services and the arts). He has built fundraising programs from the ground up, rebuilt fundraising programs back to their former glory and taken stagnant organizations to the next level. The campaigns that he has worked on have raised in excess of $40 million dollars for the charities that he’s had the honor of serving.
Specifics that we covered on the show include:
- What Chad brings to the table when it comes to productive fundraising and the area he focuses in particular
- How to help an organization that has a small team
- What led Chad to the path of fundraising and how did he apply his productivity tactics
- Chad’s thoughts on money and expectations
- How attuned is Chad on finding gaps in processes that people have in place
- How does Chad structure his time to allow him to put his best foot forward with his work and family
- What to do when something doesn’t go right or doesn’t work
- What’s next for Chad Barger?
- How to get people on board to do the “small things”
“I’m a big fan of harmony over balance. That is the key. How do you maintain that harmony? It’s okay if one thing needs more time now and the other ones need more time later.” ~ Chad Barger
The key takeaways from this episode is that personal productivity is (at least) half of the problem when doing fundraising. You have to pivot fix that first to create a strong foundation for their new fundraising system.
Enjoy the show? Want to keep up with the podcast? You can subscribe to the podcast feed by clicking the “Share” button in the player above – and you can share it further using the same button as well. You can take things even one step further by rating and reviewing the show wherever you listen to podcasts. Thanks for listening and supporting the show!
Do you want ideas, insights, and information on how to craft your time in just one weekly email?
Then you want ATTN: sent to you.
ATTN: is a weekly digest from Productivityist that delivers a week's worth of content in a nice little package directly to your inbox. Just enter your email to subscribe.