On today’s episode, I spent time with Humble the Poet. Kanwer Singh aka Humble The Poet is a Toronto-bred MC/Spoken word artist with an aura that embodies the diversity and resiliency of one of the world’s most unique cities. With tattoos, beard, head wrap, and a silly smile, Humble commands attention. He stimulates audiences with ideas that challenge conventional wisdom and go against the grain, with dynamic live sets that shake conventions and minds at the same time.
Specifics that we covered on the show include:
- A little bit more about Humble the Poet (2:14)
- What does “Unlearn” the book mean for Humble the Poet (04:48)
- How important is the virtue of patience (06:40)
- On process vs. progress (09:50)
- Main lessons that people talk about from the book, Unlearn (15:54)
- On the idea of journaling (18:57)
- On his daily routine – morning or night person (22:20)
- On his next plan and goal (25:33)
- What is the takeaway from his book, Unlearn (28:00)
- Where can people get stuff from Humble the Poet? (31:30)
“Give a damn about yourself then give a damn about those you care about and then see if there are any more damns left to give.” ~ Humble the Poet
This episode made us realize that the hurdles or challenges that we experience is part of life and there are ways that we can follow to improve ourselves and our lives.
Enjoy the show? Want to keep up with the podcast? You can subscribe to the podcast feed by clicking the “Share” button in the player above – and you can share it further using the same button as well. You can take things even one step further by rating and reviewing the show wherever you listen to podcasts. Thanks for listening and supporting the show!
Do you want 7 days of ideas, insights, and information on how to craft your time in just 1 weekly email?
Then you want The Dailies.
The Dailies is a weekly digest from Productivityist that delivers a week's worth of content in a nice little package directly to your inbox. Just enter your email to subscribe.