This time around on the podcast, I spend time with John Lamerton. John is a self-described “lazy entrepreneur” and investor. He balances running an ambitious lifestyle business with raising two young children. A former “hustler”, he now earns more money “working” 20 to 25 hours a week than he used to pulling all nighters and “grinding” for 100+ hours per week.
Specifics that we covered on the show include:
- Introducing John Lamerton’s For Small Businesses: Simple, Practical Tools and Tactics to Help Your Small Business Grow book
- What is the definition of a small business?
- On copying Richard Branson
- Funnelling your business to thrive
- Light-bulb moment for the business
- The five magic ingredients for success
- On high intensity interval training – HIIT
- How the essay, 1,000 True Fans by Kevin Kelly helped in the business
“The final magic ingredient is action and that is the key thing that I see most people are failing to do. A lot of people they are not taking enough action. But on the flip-side, there are many many people who take lots of action but it’s the wrong action and they are going 100 miles per hour in the wrong direction.” ~ John Lamerton
- Big Ideas… For Small Businesses: Simple, Practical Tools and Tactics to Help Your Small Business Grow
- RELATED POST: Kevin Kelly’s 1000 True Fans
- John’s answer to this question: What is a “Lifestyle” Business?
- John’s Website
- John Lamerton – LinkedIn
- John Lamerton – Facebook
This episode reminds us yet again the power of working smart instead of working hard. It is quality over quantity. I hope you will learn as much as I did.
Enjoy the show? Want to keep up with the podcast? You can subscribe to the podcast feed by clicking the “Share” button in the player above – and you can share it further using the same button as well. You can take things even one step further by rating and reviewing the show wherever you listen to podcasts. Thanks for listening and supporting the show!