This week on the 200th(!) episode of The Productivityist Podcast my guest is Will Henshall. Will is the CEO and founder of [email protected], a tech music platform that helps 1.5m professionals be up to four times more productive at work.
He has had a 30 year notable career as a startup entrepreneur, tech inventor and musician. He founded the platinum-selling 90s British pop soul band Londonbeat (he wrote Billboard #1 hit songs ‘I’ve Been Thinking About You’ and ‘Come Back’). In 1996 he started up San Francisco based Rocket Network, and invented the pro audio media transfer tool ProTools DigiDelivery, used extensively in movie post-production, sold to Avid in 2003.
During our nearly hour-long conversation, we talked about the evolution of his entrepreneurial journey, attention and what distractibility has done to our productivity (and what he is doing to help combat that), the relationship between happiness and productivity, and so much more.
- [email protected]
- I’ve Been Thinking About You by London Beat | YouTube
- The Big 5 Personality Types | Business Insider
- Can This “Neuroscience-Based” Music App Really Boost Your Brain Power by 400% | WIRED
- Dr. Ned Hallowell
- Driven to Distraction: Recognizing and Coping with Attention Deficit Disorder | Amazon
- Ikigai The Japanese Secret to a Long and Happy Life | Amazon
- Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience | Amazon
- How to Transform A Single Daily Theme Into an Everyday Focus | Productivityist
- The Power of When with Dr. Michael Breus | The Productivityist Podcast
- I’ve Been Thinking About You by Good Luck | YouTube
- [email protected] (@focusatwill) | Twitter
Thanks for listening. If you enjoyed the show don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss a single episode. Until next time remember to stop guessing…and start going!
Do you want ideas, insights, and information on how to craft your time in just one weekly email?
Then you want ATTN: sent to you.
ATTN: is a weekly digest from Productivityist that delivers a week's worth of content in a nice little package directly to your inbox. Just enter your email to subscribe.