On this episode of the podcast, I spoke with Austin L Church. Austin is the author of children’s books and a consultant who loves helping people build businesses around the work that doesn’t feel like work to them. We spoke about theming, using physical tools to stay on track, keeping things simple and more. It was a great conversation that I think you’ll enjoy.
Here are a few highlights from the show:
- Why it’s a great idea to give credit to others (a funny story)
- Using notecards
- How simplicity is a serious advantage
- Focusing on the right things at the right time
- Proactively ignoring certain things
- Managing complexity
- The importance of focusing and finishing
- Omission vs. elimination
- Why we overestimate what we can do in a day
- Overestimating urgency
- Abstractions and exceptions
- Creating durable plans
- Assigning weight to specific tasks based on the day and bigger goals
- Austin’s Website
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World
- Eat that Frog: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get Things Done in Less Time
- FOFI Cards
This episode is brought to you by Vast Conference. With the help of their Integrated HD Audio you can ensure that your attendees will have a high-quality and consistent conferencing experience wherever their travels take them. Get a 30 day free trial by visiting https://www.conferencecalling.com/trial30 or by calling one of Vast’s sales reps and mentioning you heard about Vast Conference on The Productivityist Podcast.
Thanks for listening. If you enjoyed the show don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss a single episode. Until next time remember to stop guessing…and start going!
Do you want 7 days of ideas, insights, and information on how to craft your time in just 1 weekly email?
Then you want The Dailies.
The Dailies is a weekly digest from Productivityist that delivers a week's worth of content in a nice little package directly to your inbox. Just enter your email to subscribe.