On this episode of the podcast, I spoke with Marc and Angel Chernoff. Marc and Angel are the authors of the new book Getting Back To Happy: Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Reality and Turn Your Trials Into Triumphs. We spoke about happiness, overcoming adversity and the role rituals play in our happiness. We also did a self-inquiry session which I found very insightful. It was a great conversation, I hope you enjoy it too.
Here are a few highlights from the show:
- We are what we do on a daily basis
- The importance of rituals as a way to move forward
- Why rituals are a solid foundation for mindfulness and other tools
- How Marc and Angel work together
- The power of self-inquiry by journaling on the most stressful experiences
- Our thoughts and the way we think are the stories we tell ourselves
- 98% of the time, the problem is not the problem, it is something deeper
- Recording your thoughts, then reviewing them to bring awareness
- Whatever you’re seeing is an interpretation of what you’re thinking
- Ways to have lasting benefits such as visual reminders and accountability
- Accountability using your own questions and having someone read them to you
- Marc and Angel’s Blog
- Getting Back to Happy: Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Reality, and Turn Your Trials into Triumphs
- 6 Tiny Daily Rituals That Will Change Your Life
Thanks for listening. If you enjoyed the show don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss a single episode. Until next time remember to stop guessing…and start going!
Do you want ideas, insights, and information on how to craft your time in just one weekly email?
Then you want ATTN: sent to you.
ATTN: is a weekly digest from Productivityist that delivers a week's worth of content in a nice little package directly to your inbox. Just enter your email to subscribe.