On this episode of the podcast, I spoke with Marc and Angel Chernoff. Marc and Angel are the authors of the new book Getting Back To Happy: Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Reality and Turn Your Trials Into Triumphs. We spoke about happiness, overcoming adversity and the role rituals play in our happiness. We also did a self-inquiry session which I found very insightful. It was a great conversation, I hope you enjoy it too.
Here are a few highlights from the show:
- We are what we do on a daily basis
- The importance of rituals as a way to move forward
- Why rituals are a solid foundation for mindfulness and other tools
- How Marc and Angel work together
- The power of self-inquiry by journaling on the most stressful experiences
- Our thoughts and the way we think are the stories we tell ourselves
- 98% of the time, the problem is not the problem, it is something deeper
- Recording your thoughts, then reviewing them to bring awareness
- Whatever you’re seeing is an interpretation of what you’re thinking
- Ways to have lasting benefits such as visual reminders and accountability
- Accountability using your own questions and having someone read them to you
- Marc and Angel’s Blog
- Getting Back to Happy: Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Reality, and Turn Your Trials into Triumphs
- 6 Tiny Daily Rituals That Will Change Your Life
Thanks for listening. If you enjoyed the show don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss a single episode. Until next time remember to stop guessing…and start going!
Do you want 7 days of ideas, insights, and information on how to craft your time in just 1 weekly email?
Then you want The Dailies.
The Dailies is a weekly digest from Productivityist that delivers a week's worth of content in a nice little package directly to your inbox. Just enter your email to subscribe.