On this episode of the podcast, I spoke with Dr. Mark Lavercombe. Mark is a specialist physician and medical educator, who writes on productivity, clinical education and leadership at The Productive Physician. We spoke about how he defines productivity, how he became passionate about productivity, how he sets boundaries and more.
Here are a few highlights from the show:
- Why misdiagnoses are common
- Know why you are doing something is essential
- How good assumptions can actually lead to bad habits (such as leaving email open)
- The balance between being reactive and proactive
- Identifying what you want to achieve as well as why you want to achieve it
- Linking motivation with the emotional and intellectual basis for goals helps clarify thinking
- Making time for yourself
- Setting boundaries according to rules that you establish
- The Productive Physician
- Why Productivity for Physicians
- Create a Personal Mission Statement for the LIFE YOU want
- Do You Want an Extraordinary Life? Choose Deep Work
- Living Like an Academic Athlete with Drs Eric Benchimol & Richard Keijzer
- @ProductivePhys | Twitter
Thanks for listening. If you enjoyed the show don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss a single episode. Until next time remember to stop guessing…and start going!
Do you want 7 days of ideas, insights, and information on how to craft your time in just 1 weekly email?
Then you want The Dailies.
The Dailies is a weekly digest from Productivityist that delivers a week's worth of content in a nice little package directly to your inbox. Just enter your email to subscribe.