Lisa and I tackle one of the most popular systems she has created: The Sunday Basket. We also discuss her experience working with people as a professional organizer and how sometimes admitting that we need help is really all that’s needed to be more organized and productive.
Here are some of the things we talked about on this episode:
- The three phases of life, and how her experience working with lots of clients made her efficient in identifying which phase they’re in and systems to put in place for their specific needs and hang-ups (01:44).
- The concept of the Sunday Basket as an organization and productivity tool, not just for women, but for anyone who needs help dealing with mail, paper, tasks, and other projects (5:42).
- How does The Sunday Basket system work in a dynamic household…and how does her family do it (8:09).
- A story that led her to conceptualize The Sunday Basket – which involved an 18-inch paper pile and staying up till midnight (12:10).
- The importance of realism and acknowledging when we need help to juggle work, home, and other facets of life as a step towards organization and productivity (15:20).
- How she advocates going paperless, and how The Sunday Basket is designed to handle more than just paper (17:33).
- The evolution of her business and the vision she has for it in the future (22:06).
- Welcome to Organize 365 | Organize 365 –
- Resources For Getting Organized | Organize 365 –
- The Mindset of Organization: Take Back Your House One Phase at a Time by Lisa Woodruff | Amazon
- Productivity | Organize 365 –
- Organization 101 – Organize 365 –
- Start Here – Organize365 –
- Lisa Woodruff (@organize365) | Twitter
Thanks for listening. Until next time remember to stop guessing…and start going!
Do you want 7 days of ideas, insights, and information on how to craft your time in just 1 weekly email?
Then you want The Dailies.
The Dailies is a weekly digest from Productivityist that delivers a week's worth of content in a nice little package directly to your inbox. Just enter your email to subscribe.