My guest this week is Justin Jackson. He is a dad, husband, entrepreneur, coach, the founder of Megamaker, author of Jolt, the creator of Marketing for Developers and Tiny Marketing Wins, and overall serial maker. He aims to help people through the things they create.
On this episode, we discussed the processes of making and/or modifying. We delved on his systems and approaches in the different initiatives and creations he is currently working on.
Other areas we touched on includes:
- The story of how we met, a brief background of how he has always been involved in businesses and how he transitioned from non-profit, to consultancy, and finally – going solo with his independent projects.
- How getting married, having children and experiencing failure, affected his plans and initiatives.
- The process of starting up independently, which includes conceptualizing, case studies, exploring and being a serial maker – getting involved in different things which include his podcast, softwares, plugins, e-books, courses, and even merch.
- How and why he decided to zero-in on writing Jolt and finishing it in the span of a month.
- The concept of mind gremlins, how being less self-serving enabled him get rid of these, and other takeaways that people have from his two top products – Jolt and Marketing for Developers.
- Conducting a survey and how its findings gave him insights when he created Tiny Marketing Wins.
- His process when things must be put on the backburner or let go, and how he did this with his podcast.
- His hybrid approach when it comes to making, modifying and refreshing the systems, tricks, and hacks supported by continuous research and learning.
- A sample hack he shared in writing effective landing page copy and generating leads.
Thanks for listening, until next time remember to stop guessing… and start going.