In this week’s podcast episode, my guest is Joshua Latimer – the man behind Send Jim and Automate Grow Sell, which help small businesses tap the power of relationship marketing.
A few years back, Joshua left his job as a banker at JP Morgan Chase and decided to open a cleaning business in Michigan, which he eventually sold in 2015. He is now based with his family in Costa Rica managing a company that creates more freedom for businesses through automation and systems.
Joshua and I chatted about planning, systemizing, theming, and automation among many others. Topics we’ve discussed are:
- Joshua’s business background, the different business models that inspired him, his motivation to create Send Jim, and it’s 4-year run as a business.
- The importance of relationship marketing in businesses and how Send Jim can help entrepreneurs harness its power.
- How he applies theming in his personal life and even created themed days for each of his family member.
- Joshua’s task management approach to the multiple projects he is running.
- His fascination with different beliefs, points of view, and economic and business principles across cultures.
- Books that captivated his interest and shaped the core paradigms he is currently applying in his business and life.
- Why he turned down an offer to co-author a book and a lesson about saying no. This resonated with me a lot.
- Other methods he has put into place like breaking his days into sprints, delegating, and turning things off.
- What Send Jim does, its market, and why it’s called Send Jim instead of Send Josh.
Thanks for listening! Until next time, remember to stop guessing…and start going.