This week on The Productivityist Podcast I zero in on Evernote with a guest who knows the ins and outs of the app. Charles Byrd will be talking Evernote with me with the goal of helping anyone get started and familiarize themselves with Evernote. He’ll be giving insights, sharing tips, and offering hacks along the way.
Charles lives in Northern California and worked in the Silicon Valley for tech companies for a significant time. He is now the founder of Byrd Word and hosts a 3-hour training course on productivity – specifically the uses of Evernote – and how this can save people time and, in effect, impact our lives.
We talk about:
- How long Charles has been using Evernote, his initial reaction to the app (1:30), and how it has helped him in his career and, ultimately, his business (03:20).
- Where people should start when trying to adopt Evernote to help them with their productivity practices (05:55), and what the three concepts Charles teaches people when they are starting out with Evernote (06:36).
- Charles’s thoughts on the changes made recently by Evernote in its pricing structure (09:50), and on paying for the premium versions of apps and software (12:27, 14:07).
- An anecdote of how useful Evernote has been in Charles’s life and how that story convinced a man to take Charles’s Evernote course (15:05).
- Evernote features that are not as heralded as they should be but have proven to be very useful for Charles (18:40, 20:04, 20:42).
- An overview of Charles’s Zero-to-60 with Evernote course to get people to do more in less time, and help them get up and running with the basics of Evernote quickly (21:18).
- Zero-to-60 with Evernote
- Byrd Word | Website
- Byrd Word | LinkedIn
- Charles Byrd | Facebook
- Charles Byrd | Twitter
Thank you for listening. Until next time, remember to stop guessing…and start going!
Do you want 7 days of ideas, insights, and information on how to craft your time in just 1 weekly email?
Then you want The Dailies.
The Dailies is a weekly digest from Productivityist that delivers a week's worth of content in a nice little package directly to your inbox. Just enter your email to subscribe.