Shawn Blanc is back on The Productivityist Podcast and on this episode we dive into the subject of creative focus. A father of three, Shawn has a passion for creative focus and productivity, regularly writing about these topics on his blog since 2007.
In this episode, Shawn and I talk about his upcoming summit, the systems and tools he’s employed in both work and life, his core values, and books that he’s bought but might not have necessarily read.
Some other specific subjects we tackled in this episode are:
- The Systems vs Tools Debate and how Shawn uses both to traverse his life.
- How his work values and practices relate to his family life.
- The concept of personal integrity and the future self, plus a simple exercise he does on The Focus Course to establish these concepts.
- The Blanc Media Core Values, the guidance given to him by Barrett Brooks to articulate these values, and how it ties up with his business direction.
- The concept of traction and how to apply this in real life…and towards reaching your goal.
- An article he wrote titled Learning Not to Think About It, what it meant for him, and how he does it.
- His reading practices, how he expounded on this in his article I Buy More Books Than I Read, and one book that has really impacted him in making choices, changes, and spending his time for the coming year.
- Finally, he talks about the
Creative Focus Online Summit, The Focus Course and how these can help us to manage our time and other areas of our lives.
- shawnblanc.net | Shawn Blanc
- Blanc Media Core Values | Shawn Blanc
- Barrett Brooks | Website
- The Power of a Focused Life | The Focus Course
- How to Get Time For Your Projects | Shawn Blanc
- Learning Not to Think About It | Shawn Blanc
- 2 Experts Share Exactly How to Use a Productivity Journal (& Increase Productivity by 23%) | The Fizzle Show
- I Buy More Books Than I Read | Shawn Blanc
- Goodreads | 2016 Reading Challenge
- The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure by Grant Cardone | Amazon
- Shawn Blanc (@shawnblanc) | Twitter
If you enjoy The Productivityist Podcast I’d appreciate a rating and review in iTunes or your podcasting platform of choice. It helps people find the show easier and will help me make improvements on the show by seeing what you have to say.