On this week’s episode of The Productivityist Podcast, I will be chatting with Wade Foster. Wade is the co-founder and CEO of the automation platform Zapier, which helps people automate their work by allowing connections between various apps. Wade and I will talk about how to get started with automation, and how to work your way through it. Listen up on this episode as we discuss:
- The correct pronunciation of Zapier, and the mission envisioned by Wade and his co-founder Bryan that pushed them to create Zapier.
- Instances where automation is more harmful than useful to productivity.
- How people start with simple tasks when integrating automation into their routines, and whether it starts from the workplace or at home.
- Keeping your automation efforts aligned amidst trial and errors by revisiting the original intent of doing so, and dealing with noise brought about by automation through Zapier.
- Wade’s thoughts on automation, or replication and delegation to another individual, to simplify tasks.
- The process from manual to automation or delegation, and how Wade tracks these to remind himself that it needs checking and paying attention to.
- How the Zapier team remains on top of updates, changes, and even systems issues with the numerous apps they integrate.
- Account security and privacy and how the Zapier team communicate these effectively to their clients/users.
- What people need to think about and do when considering automation. Plus, an XKDC comic that can serve as a good guide.
- The best apps. Better together. – Zapier – Zapier
- The Best Type of Automation – Productivityist
- 3 Lists to Freedom | Chris Ducker
- Case Study: Paul Jarvis – How to Build Your Email List as an Author | Zapier
- The Productivityist Podcast 60: Less Doing with Ari Meisel – Productivityist
- Workflow | Powerful automation made simple.
- xkcd: Is It Worth the Time?
- Wade Foster (@wadefoster) | Twitter
Thanks for listening. Until next time, remember to stop guessing…and start going!