Here’s what I’ve learned in the first day of my time at Macworld | iWorld:
- San Francisco is, not surprisingly, an awesome city.
- The Neat Company is going to do what they can to conquer the digital realm as they seem to have done with the paper realm. I may have to bid adieu to Paperless if what I saw today holds true.
- Randy Murray was right. There are a lot of iPhone cases being peddled here. Too much of a lot.
- I have met some more of the folks I follow online in person and that’s the main reason I came here. Getting to meet Ben Brooks, Shawn Blanc, Matthew Panzarino, Stephen Hackett, Pat Dryburgh and countless others so far (with more to come, I’m sure) has been pretty amazing.
- Brett Kelly is one of the raddest people I know.
- I cannot believe how much I miss my family.
- PDFPen for iPad looks awesome.
- The Omni Group is going to make more waves in the year ahead. And Ken Case is a super-nice guy.
- David Sparks: Also a super-nice guy.
- I sure am glad I’ve decided to focus on quality over quantity in my writing, because it’s been said I was more frequent than funny when I played a character on the Internet.1
I’m a little over a day in to my first ever Macworld | iWorld experience, so there’ll be more to learn and more to be said here later on.
Maybe even tomorrow.
1 He’ll be back by the way. Less frequently and more eventually. Which should see both improved productivity (ironically) and improved funny.