I’m taking a page from my wife today.
She’s been posting on Facebook for pretty much every day a person for whom she wants to express gratitude towards. She got the idea from one of her friends (or a friend of a friend), and as I was reviewing old post from my old Tumblr blog I found a post I had written called Gratitude from December 31, 2010.
Below is that post in its entirety — save for a few specific date-related items — so that I can follow her lead.
2010 has been an awesome year.
- My son was born.
- My daughter started kindergarten.
- My love and appreciation for my wife grew tenfold.
- I started to work as a writer…full time.
- I wrote an ebook.
- I went to MaxFunCon.
- My family went to Florida.
- I met a ton of new people and made a ton of new friends.
- I began to work for an awesome company (but had to leave another awesome one to do so).
2011 is going to be more awesome.
- I’m going to be caring for my kids at home.
- My love and appreciation for my wife will increase elevenfold.
- I’ll write another book…or two.
- I’ll go to MaxFunCon…again.
- I’ll go to the World Domination Summit.
- My family will go to Mexico.
- I’ll expand my connections…and my friends.
- I’ll get better…at everything because I can.
Thank you to everyone who made my year as awesome as it was. From the people I know personally to those that I don’t. You all had an impact.
To my wife: You’re the best. Don’t know what I did to deserve a person like you in my life…but I’m glad I did. Now I just have to get better at doing it more often.
To my kids: If you’re reading this then you’re on the computer and if it’s 2011 then you’re grounded. 🙂
(If it’s, say…2015, then we’re good. You’re why I do what I do. It’s important to do what you love. Remember that.)
To my parents: Whether by fault or default, you helped shape who I am. Good on you. Thanks for that.
To my brother: Make 2011 your year to shine, dude.
To my extended family: Thanks for understanding me…even when you don’t.
To my cat: Stop puking on the floors. It’s gross and it ticks my wife off for good reason.1
To my social media friends: I’m glad we “get it” enough to have gotten to know each other. IRL. It’s only getting better from here.
To those who have been reading Eventualism: Thanks for getting the joke. It’s going to get funnier over time.
Thank you for letting me by myself here…and someone else over here.2
Photo credit: justOneMoreBook (CC BY NC-SA 2.0)
1Soot has since died, as has his fellow feline pal Azrael.
2Three thoughts: I think I write much better now — and here’s what I thought of 2011 and what I think about the year we’re in will bring my way.